A Pitstop in Tetbury









Shoes: Missguided | Dress: Zara | Handbag: Mulberry | Sunglasses: Quay Australia

In the words of TayTay: ‘I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling twentyyyyy-twwwwo!’ For months you get excited about your birthday and then bang, its gone: it’s already the 10th June, like wtf? 

Having a birthday on a ‘school night’ kind of sucks as I was in work the next day- I genuinely can’t handle the hangover anyway (my former eighteen year old self is tutting), let alone feeling horrendous, smelling of Sambuca in a full office surrounded by excel spread sheets and regurgitated air from the air-con machine. Ew. So I had the most chilled out birthday this year- literally just chilling with my mum, taking Babs out for a walk and having a family BBQ in the evening sunshine- it was lovely. I was also in bed by 11pm- rock n roll baby.

Anyway, as part of my birthday celebrations Muma Hughes took me on an adventure to Tetbury which is a little town within the Cotswold district of Gloucestershire. It was only about a thirty-five minute drive from home and it was just a chance to go somewhere else for a spot of lunch instead of Bath or Bristol. I hadn’t been in a while and I forgot just how quaint and typically British it was. (I don’t think a place could be more picture post card perfect if it tried.)

I don’t really know what to say about this post, it is just pictures but I thought I’d just share some of the photos I took of the cutest little bakery’s, small vintage furniture markets and independent stores crammed with little bits and bobs that we stumbled across. If ever you are close by it’s definitely worth a morning mooch gazing down the beautiful streets, lusting over the gorgeous antique furniture and having the most wonderful cream scones breakfast with a read of the morning newspaper.

Our little venture also provided the perfect excuse to test out my new compact camera I got for my birthday- my god it’s so beautiful! I’ve got the standard ‘what I got for my birthday’ post all scheduled for next week so keep your eyes peeled for that and I’m off out with the girls Saturday night which is gives me the perfect opportunity for a night out outfit post. Until then, have a wonderful Friday and lets keep our fingers crossed that the weather stays this amazing throughout the weekend!

Happy Friday lovelies and have a drink in a beer garden on me!

A x











You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Fashion Captive. Design by MangoBlogs.