Kylie Lip Kit: A Review






 


So, I feel like I’ve achieved the impossible: I got my little mits on some Kylie Lip Kits. *Cue hallelujah music and light* Hey, I know I’m late to the party, but being on this side of the Atlantic and getting three kits in all the colours I wanted (miraculous!) it's a big deal to me. So while I’m sure you’ve read all about the wondrous Kylie Jenner creations, I’m going to do my own little review.

First up, let’s talk about the whole purchasing process. A few weeks back I saw Kylie tweet that international delivery would only cost $5. This for me was a big selling point as the usual international delivery cost of the kits is around $15, so if I can save a tenner on shipping and buy another lip kit instead, I’m aaaall over it. The lip kits themselves retail at $29 (around £24ish) that compared to buying a MAC liner and lipstick is pretty good in terms of value. So, I went for it and bought three kits in Dolce K, Candy K and Mary Jo.

The website said it would take up to five working days to process, but mine got shipped in three- so far so good. One stumbling block that I didn’t even consider that I thought was worth mentioning, was the customs fee. I’m not sure whether this affects those within the US but here in the UK (and international) I got slapped with a pretty hefty customs fee- £21 in total. Ouch. I’ve read lots of reviews online and some have been hit with a customs fee and some haven’t. Maybe it’s a case of luck and I’m an unlucky one, but considering I spent $92 on lip kits (around £75) having that extra £21 on top really made me question whether I should have bought them at all. There was no way I was going spend more money returning them and not getting the customs fee back so I thought right, just hope these babies are as good as they've been made out and worry about my bank statement when it comes to it. It did make my eyes wince a little bit, not gonna lie, but hey a girl needs her lipsticks, right? 




Onto the kits… The shades are great, but we all know that by now. The range that Miss Jenner has released has a wide variety and that even on different skin tones, they still look super flattering. From the original core range that was released earlier in the year to her limited edition shades like Pumpkin and Moon for Autumn plus the glosses, you can’t deny there isn’t something for everyone. I won't even start on the buzz of her eye palettes...

But I am a matte lipstick fan through and through so I picked up three matte lip kits as previously mentioned: Candy K (a rosey-beige), Dolce K (a grey-taupe) and Mary Jo (a pink tinted vivid red.) Liquid lipsticks are notoriously drying: they can flake, the lines crack and they can make your lips look dry and brittle. That being said, I prefer liquid lipsticks merely because of their coverage and durability- I’ll happily put on liquid lipstick once knowing it will last all night rather than having to constantly top up a regular lipstick and run the risk of putting on too much and it getting all over my teeth. Some may call it lazy, but I’d call it finding the ultimate long lasting lip colour....?!

First up the lip liner: these beauties glide on so easily and smoothly it makes me so excited. There is nothing worse than finding the perfect lip liner colour and finding it so stiff and unpigmented that it’s basically unusable. The Kylie lip liners are so easy to apply which helps to create the ‘perfectly lined lip’ with ease and they’re that pigmented that you could get away without using the lip liner on top. The liner causes minimal drag and the general durability of the lip liner on it’s own is really good

Onto the liquid lipstick. Considering my first thoughts were that it appeared quite thin in the tube, the liquid lipstick itself is extremely pigmented- you could easily do your lips with one stroke. The liquid lipstick itself is really easy to apply with the applicator and the scent has a slight vanilla note- but it doesn’t have that sickly sweet or chemically scent that liquid lipsticks commonly have. It also disappears when dried so you don’t get that taste or smell lingering around your nose all day. Once dried down to matte it’s comfortable and flexible- you can actually feel like you can move your lips without it cracking or smudging unlike other liquid lipsticks. The big thing for me is the durability of the formula. This product is easily the best I’ve ever used- kiss, drink, eat or whatever- nothing is moving the colour once applied and dried and touch ups will be absolutely minimal. This hands down beats my previous favourite Kat Von D lipstick and beauty bloggers weren’t lying when they said this was the on the market. This beats all other brands’ liquid lipstick offering hands down

Overall I’m really pleased with my new kits- admittedly the hefty fee I had to pay on top of the product themselves did taint the experience slightly, but I can’t deny that Kylie’s lip kits are worth the hype. Maybe this is a new item you can add to the Christmas list…! (As if it's not on there already...)



Have you tried the Kylie Lip Kits? What did you think of them and what’s your favourite shade?

A x
 

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Fashion Captive. Design by MangoBlogs.