Pancake Love Never Dies

Hey guys, remember me? I hope so. Yes I’ve been crap with posts lately but what marks a better occasion to get back to blogging than Pancake Day?!
I love pancakes. In fact, I don’t think there are many who don’t. There is something so nostalgic about Pancake Day: I hold fond old memories of flicking pancakes in the kitchen with family- and perhaps more memorably the epic fails of them getting stuck on the ceiling or sloshing them all over the floor- to smothering them with Orange and Sugar or Nutella and getting high off the sugar hit. They’re easy to make, super quick and ridiculously satisfying. And what makes Pancake Day even better this year? It also lands on payday. YAAAASS. 
Part of me wasn’t sure whether I should upload this post or not in fear of what others may say, but I thought bugger it. This year I’m going healthy pancakes, and by healthy pancakes, I mean protein pancakes. Last year I’d have probably tweeted that those who make protein pancakes on Pancake Day really need to evaluate their life (put the claws away Alex), but this year I’ve been making a conscious effort to get into shape so I’m officially one of those people. I don't know whether to be slightly ashamed or impressed. I’m training more than I ever have before and eating clean pretty much all week (give or take the odd glass of wine on a Friday oi oi) but you can bet, clean eating or not, I’m not missing out on Pancake Day. 
So I thought I’d put together a little bit of inspo for those of you, who like me, are trying to be wary of the calorific high fat/sugar recipes floating around the internet at the moment, in favour of a lighter alternative. Yes they still scream carbohydrates but getting that hit of protein (38g’s of it to be exact) and coming in at less than 500 calories, there is definitely room in my nutrition plan for these blueberry beauties. This recipe comes with full credit to Protein Treats by Nicolette- it hits all the right buttons for me and they’re beyond delicious. 
 Ingredients  For the Pancakes:  ½ scoop vanilla protein powder 1/3 cup oat flour
2 egg whites ¼ cup almond milk ¼ cup blueberries 1 tablespoon cashew or almond butter For the Blueberry Jam: 
¾ cup blueberries 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey And finally, the Vanilla Glaze:  ¼ scoop vanilla protein powder 2 tablespoons almond milk
Method: 
1- Warm up a non-stick pan over a medium heat 
2- In a blender, blend together the egg whites, ¼ cup almond milk, ¼ cup blueberries and cashew/almond butter until smooth. Pour into a mixing bowl 3- Add ½ scoop protein powder and oat flour to the mixing bowl and whisk until smooth 4- Spoon about ¼ cup of the pancake mix onto the pan- making 5 pancakes total- and cook on each side about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown (bonus points if you can flip more than one at once: I dare you) 5 For the jam, heat ¾ cup blueberries and maple syrup/honey in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes 6- For the glaze, stir together ¼ scoop protein powder and 2 tablespoons almond milk until smooth 7- Spoon the jam and glaze on top of the pancakes. Enjoy! 
Blueberries not your thing? I've got your back. I've been trawling around for other protein pancake recipes that I know will hit the spot no matter what your taste buds are craving. Summer ’17 bikini body come at me. 
 Cinnamon Roll Pancakes by The Slender Student | Banana & Peanut Butter Pancakes by Food Fanatic
Protein Pancakes by Jamie Oliver | Lemon Chia Seed Pancakes by Muy Delish | Strawberry Greek Yoghurt Pancakes by I Wash You Dry
Protein Pancakes by The Body Coach |  4 Ingredient Protein Pancakes by The Willow Baker  
Happy Pancake Day my lovelies and stuff yourself silly with all of the protein goodness! Let me know your favourite recipes below! A x
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Fashion Captive. Design by MangoBlogs.