Happy Fathers Day Daddio




Happy Fathers Day you lovely lot!

Today is the day that we celebrate the hero in our life, the one who has been there since the beginning with endless amounts of advice, comfort and most importantly, love: the dads in our lives.

Now everybody says that his or her dad is the best dad in the world, and while we can agree to disagree with this comment (I reckon Stu Hughes has this title well and truly summed up, just sayin’) I thought it’d just dedicate a bit of space in of my corner of the internet to show how much I bloody love my dad. I know he’s a bit of a cheeky rascal and occasionally clicks on my blog to read so whether it's today or in two weeks time that he reads this, Daddio thanks for being so incredibly amazing. I could put a list together about the million things that I'm thankful for because of you, but I’m naming just five before I get too soppy or teary. 

1- Thank you for always being my biggest supporter. Thank you for taking me to endless swimming lessons when I was young, for cheering so loudly at that swimming gala when I finally managed to perfect my breast stroke kick that your excited screams echoed throughout the whole pool. Whether it was motivating me with endless amount of chocolate back at uni to get me through that dreaded dissertation, whether it was seeing your proud smile at my final university showcase or the excitable YESSSS! WELL FUCKING DONE AL!!!!’ I got down the phone when I accomplished my 1st Class Honours, it hasn’t ever gone unnoticed and I’m so thankful for it.   

2- Thank you for being the biggest but most loveable goof imaginable. Stu, don’t get me wrong you’re the clumsiest idiot in the world (and unluckily for me I’ve managed to get this gene off you) but you’ve taught me so much about not taking life to seriously, to laugh at life plans because you know that fate will always change it, to making me laugh so much that my stomach hurts even to your occasional shite banter that you find hilarious and we all don’t. While to others you’re a shy guy, to us you’re our very own Peter Kay. 

3- Thank you for being there no matter what. Thank you for calming me down when I was having full on break downs at university, thanks for staying up with me until early hours of the morning when I had art canvases to finish at A-Levels, thank you (and mum) for waiting at hospital with me when I was ill in first year, thank you for sacrificing anything and everything for me or Kate if we ever needed you. You could have taken over the fitness world by now, but instead you held our hands whenever we needed it and always put us first. 

4- Thank you for giving me the determination and drive to work hard so I continue to do better everyday. Dad is a bit like superman- a fitness fanatic that is always pushing himself to do better, to work harder and to achieve more and this has most definitely rubbed off on me. Thank you for giving me the backbone to work hard and reminding me that when I think I've taken too much on that a solid work ethic and the drive and determination to succeed is enough to make me achieve anything I set my mind to. 

5- Fifth and most importantly, thank you for the endless and unconditional love that you have for both me and Kate, but also mum. I don’t know how you survive being the only male in the household but you love us every single day no matter how hideous, hormonal, snappy, upset or annoying we must be. Thank you for being the best role model we could ever have growing up and let it continue forever and ever. Thank you for being my very own personal superhero.

I hope you all have a lovely Fathers Day. Whether it’s giving your dad a cuddle or your granddad, or if it’s your mum who acts as both a mum and dad, let’s all just take a minute to admire them for how perfectly awesome they are and just how blessed we are to have them in our lives. Happy Fathers Day papa, you really are the best, but stop reading my blog now you nosey bum.

Happy Sunday my lovelies, and I’ll see you next week for less soppy posts.

A x


You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Fashion Captive. Design by MangoBlogs.