The Cami Dress









Hat: H&M | Dress: Urban Outfitters | Duster Jacket: (similar) Missguided | Bag: Mulberry | Boots: Public Desire | Watch: Daniel Wellington | Bracelets: Links London and & Other Stories 


Fashion has fallen back in love with the Cami dress. It seems that both designers and consumers alike find the simplistic strappy dress that looks flattering on every body shape an alluring piece to recreate and revolve. I, of course, am not uninfluenced by its appeal. Hey, if Kendall Jenner is layering her satin black version over white t-shirts (Missguided do an amazing dupe FYI) I’m more than happy to get involved.

I picked up this baby in Oxfam recently- I’m pretty sure it’s a few seasons old as it resembles the 70s vibe we were all obsessed with a few seasons and the Kimchi Blue logo shows it was from Urban Outfitters. For a fiver it would have been rude to put it back on the rail.

It was miraculously warm here on Saturday so I teamed it with my black sleeveless trench from Missguided, navy fedora from H&M and these black velvet boots from Public Desire that I snapped up in the ASOS sale for £17.50. Bargain. I was meeting a friend for lunch so I kept accessories minimal- I grabbed my Mulberry and Daniel Welington watch- and was good to go. The loose dress was great for hiding bloated lunch stomach but the boots and hat added that bit of smart formality to the outfit.

The yellow tones of the dress looked super cute in the summer sunshine (trying to prolong that Greece tan y’kno) but I’m ready to start getting ready for winter and all the amazing warm, luxurious and comfy garments that it brings. I created a Spring Summer’16 trend guide previously, would you guys maybe like to see my favourite upcoming trends for Autumn and Winter? Lemme know!



Happy bank holiday my lovelies!

How have you styled up your cami dress?

A x
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Fashion Captive. Design by MangoBlogs.