Winter Is Coming








Top: Zara | Jeans: Topshop | Bag: Zara | Boots: Public Desire


Isn’t it ironic how I was getting all ready for winter and it was actually warm this week? Numpty. But one thing is for sure- September Vogue, LOVE, and Elle Collection magazines are here so I’m getting into the new season spirit. I’ve got a trend guide up my sleeve that will be uploaded soon, but before that gets added to my little corner of the internet I thought I’d add some images of the outfit I wore at the weekend.



The whole Victorian/ruffle trend has been a favourite of mine this season, so this is the perfect trans-seasonal garment that is currently on-trend but the navy blue colour makes it easy to wear throughout the early months of autumn. I’ve been massively impressed with Zara’s ‘its not summer but not quite winter yet’ offering and I couldn’t say no to this sheer little beauty when I was shopping in Exeter. All I can say is that if you haven’t been to Zara recently, it’s definitely worth a trip.  



I’ve teamed it with my die-hard Joni jeans from Topshop, my MAC lipstick in ‘Diva’ (if a plum lip doesn’t scream autumn I don’t know what does) and my bright orange clutch from Zara to add a pop of colour. I also picked up these Public Desire over the knee boots from ASOS that I know I’ll be wearing both for day and night outfits throughout the winter months. Not only do they make my legs look longer and keep them super cosy, but the knot/tie up detail at the back means that they don’t slip down the leg like so many other over-the-knee’s do. The heel gives me a bit of height but they’re not enough to make your feet hurt if you’ve been in them all day- winning.



Unlike usual I kept accessories minimal (except my Daniel Wellington watch which is pretty much stapled to my wrist) but I quite like the simplicity of the whole outfit and how the ruffles do all the talking. The sheer fabric adds that luxurious touch and would look perfect on a date night with fluttery lashes and killer heels to match.



Are you guys looking forward to next seasons fashion offering? What's your go-to transeasonal garment at the moment?



A x

You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Fashion Captive. Design by MangoBlogs.